Mr. Mohan Siroya, veteran journalist sent me his views and review on IFFI 2009.
A detailed, analytical report of the festival and films (IFFI)
From Mohan Siroya
- SMOOTH AND DIGNIFIED TAKE OFF with cultural dance fiesta .
- Usual Mismanagement galore from Entertainment Society of GOA (ESG)
- TIICK 20 – A Massive Flop
- Comparatively below standard selection of films by DFF, except for Indian Panorama.
- Opening film “Wheat “ was poor but closing film “Broken Embraces” was brilliant and a saving grace of the fest.
- Impressive show by Films division with “Moments with Maestros”
- Grand finale function with reknowned actor Mammooty as the Chief guest , and endearing “Naad Swar” performances by classical maestro percussionists from different parts of India , followed by ace closing film “Broken Embraces”
- Record no of 6500 delegates and 400 media persons
The Inaugural Function
Inaugural event was dignified and befitting to the rich cultural heritage of India. Veteran ,talented and elegant actress Waheeda Rehman was the Chief Guest , while actress Asin added a touch of glamour by assisting the Chief Guest in Lamp lighting.. Another plus point was flawless compering by the actors, stalwart Kabir Bedi and beauteous Divya Dutta. (more…)